This is a trip to the past, to the very beginning of Egypt, even to before the mankind when the whales were there in the Egyptian Western desert almost 200 million years ago, the time the place used to be an Ocean!...Dahabiyyas are beautifully crafted sailboats which were a very popular mean of Nile travel amongst the wealthy and aristocrats in the good old days . In more recent times, Dahabiyyas have experienced a revival in popularity crafted sailboat of yesteryear with all the modern comforts and luxuries of today's world.
Day 1 (arrival): Arrival to Cairo airport, Egypt Fun Tours representative will assist you through passport control formalities, luggage identification & portage will greet you. From the airport you will be transferred by our private A/C car to your hotel. Check in your hotel and overnight in Cairo.
Day 2 (Fayyoum/Wadi El-Rayyan/Wadi El-Hitan): After breakfast at your hotel in Cairo. 7:30 to 8:30 Drive to El-Fayyoum oases (110 k.m south west of Cairo). See fayyoum city center with the famous dynamic water wheels. 8:30 to 9:15 Drive to Qaroon lake to see the famous Auberge once was the rest house of king farook. 9:30 to 9:45 Drive to Wadi El-Rayyan with stop in Mudawara Mountain (The magnificent spot overlooks the beautiful landscape below where deep blue waters meet the golden yellow sands. 9:45 to 10:30 Visit Wadi El-Rayyan Protected Area where there is so much to see(the two lakes, waterfalls & birds). The most memorable is the spectacular scenery of Wadi El-Rayyan, the contrast between the blue waters of the lakes and the golden desert land. 10:30 to 11:30 Drive to Wadi El-Hitan (one of the UNESCO sites classified as a world's heritage site). 11:30 to12:30 Explore the surrounding area to get feeling of the place while our Bedouin Jeep driver prepares a good Lunch for you. 12:30 to 13:30 Lunch time. 13:30 to 17:00 See Wadi El-Hitan -- a path of 3 k.m -- , one of the best sites by UNESCO, see the fossilized whales 35 to 200 million years old, fossilized Mangrove,..and much more. (the area used to be under the ocean's water millions of years ago). 17:00 to 17:15 Hike a close-by mountain for a great sunset view and photos. 19:00 our Bedouin Jeep driver will make a Barbecue dinner for you while you watch the moon and the stars. Sleep in tents totally covered with shining stars.
Day 3 (Wadi El-Hitan/Cairo): After breakfast at your camp. Start with our guide your hiking trip in the depth of the ancient Tethys sea to see the fossils of the marine life back then. 11:00 to 13:30 Drive back to Cairo. Lunch on your own in Cairo. Drop you off at your hotel in Cairo. Check in, and overnight at the hotel in Cairo.
The Desert trip includes:
- Entrance fees to the sites mentioned in the above itinerary
- Private Tour guide
- 4x4 Jeep safari
- Meals as mentioned in the above itinerary
- All camping equipments (tents, sleeper bags, blankets, mattress, ....etc)
- Pick up & Drop-off services
- Drinks (Tea, Coffee, and Soft drinks)
Note > Opportunity to do some Cairo tours & excursions;
Please choose of the following:
- Giza pyramids
- Cairo museum
- Sakkara pyramids
- Coptic Cairo
- Islamic Cairo with the tourist bazaar
- Dahshur pyramids
- Nile dinner cruise
- Sound & light show at Giza
Day 4 (Cairo/Luxor sightseeing): After breakfast at your hotel in Cairo, transfer to Cairo international airport for your flight to Luxor. Arrive Luxor, meet welcome and assist by our guide. Start your tour to the west bank of the Nile in Luxor to see
- the Valley of the Kings
- the temple of Queen Hatshepsut
- the colossi of Memnon
Check in your hotel (not the Nile cruise or the Dahabiyya, and the reason is explained in the lower part of the email), after Lunch (Lunch is in your own - not included). Start our tor in the east bank of the Nile in Luxor to see
- Luxor temple
Overnight at your hotel in Luxor
Day 5 (Karnak temples/ Esna to Dahabiyya):
After breakfast at your hotel in Luxor, start our tour in the east bank of the Nile in Luxor to see:
- Karnak temples
Drive to Esna to check in your Dahabiyya), chance to refresh and get some rest before Lunch on board of the Dahabiyya.
- the temple of god Horus considered to be the second biggest temple in Egypt after Karnak temples.
Back to your Dahbiyya (time for sun bath and swimming pool). Lunch on board of your Dahabiyya. 16:30 Tea time on board of your Dahabiyya (tea, coffee, biscuits, & cake. After sunset, start our tours to see:
- Kom Ombo temple
Sailing to Aswan. Overnight on board of Dahabiyya
Day 7 (Abusimbel /Aswan sightseeing): Early start boxes to the temples of king Ramses II at
Back to Aswan for Lunch
Lunch on board of your Dahabiyya. After Lunch start our tours to see:
- the unfinished Obelisk
- the high Dam
dinner on board of Dahabiyya, & Overnight at Aswan on board of your Dahabiyya
Day 8 (Aswan/Cairo):
After breakfast on Dahabiyya. start our Nile tour with the Felucca to see (outside views):
- the old cataract palace
- the mausoleum of Agha Khan
- the Kitchener's Island
- the nobles tombs of the Nubian kings
Transfer to Aswan international airport for your flight to Cairo, arrive Cairo, meet, welcome, and assist by our guide
- Opportunity to see the market in Cairo
Transfer to your hotel, & Overnight at your hotel in Cairo
Day 9 (Final departure): Breakfast at the hotel ( or breakfast boxes for your early flight). Egypt Fun Tours representative will transfer you to the airport and assist you at the airport through final departure formalities.
The price is 1699 US dollars per person (minimum 2 persons)
INCLUDED IN THIS TOUR:
- All accommodation
- Entrance fees to the sites mentioned in the above itinerary.
- Meals as mentioned.
- An A/C tourist coach new model 2010 or 2011 with a professional driver and a license from the ministry of tourism.
- A guide (Egyptologist) with a guiding license from the ministry of tourism
- Egyptian Cell phone for the trip organizer to use while touring.
- 3 Nights Nile cruise DAHABIYYA (Luxor-Aswan).
- 2 domestic flights (Cairo-Luxor / aswan-Cairo).2 Nights Cairo hotel -First Cairo stay-
- 1 Nights second stay Cairo.
- One Over-night trip to Wadi El-Hitan (camping).
- A one day tour in Cairo.
- A one day tour in Aswan+ Felucca ride.
- An Over day to Abu Simbel.
- A full day tour in Luxor.
- visits to Edfu and Kom Ombo temples
- Services of meet and assist in Cairo Airport, and the railway stations.
EXCLUDED IN THIS TOUR:
- Drinks from any kind other than a bottle of mineral water .75 liter.
- Any additional requests.
- Gratuities (tipping).
- Items of personal nature.
- International flights.