winner tripadvisor

× Egypt Fun Travel Forum

overnight Train-is it hard to sleep?

• Skelpleli
  • Skelpleli's Avatar Topic Author
26 Oct 2012 22:36 #232 by Skelpleli
Skelpleli created the topic: overnight Train-is it hard to sleep?
Hi,

We will be doing the ususal tour guide trip and will be on an overnight train to Aswan from Cairo, supposingly there chairs that can sit at a "comfy" 45 degree angle (planes i cannot sleep on) so wondering what other people's experience are with them- i'm concerned that it will make me very very very tired for the day of site seeing that will be occuring once we get there.

Anyone have any remedies (natural of course:-)

And how safe are they? i.e are you in your own carriage or with others etc- is there a website you can see what they look like?

Thanks everyone

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Oct 2012 01:33 #237 by funadmin1
funadmin1 replied the topic: Re: overnight Train-is it hard to sleep?

Happy are those who dream dreams and are ready to pay the price to make them come true.
egyptfuntours.com

• Mihta
27 Oct 2012 02:14 #239 by Mihta
Mihta replied the topic: Re: overnight Train-is it hard to sleep?
Yes, it can be hard to sleep in the sleeper train because of the vibration due to speed and bars. But beds are clean and most probably after a full day of tours sleeping in the train is going to be fast and easier.

• Anonymous
30 Jan 2013 22:56 #390 by Anonymous
Anonymous replied the topic: overnight Train-is it hard to sleep?
I have done been on these over ngiht trains several times in my life and always try and find ways of improving the experience as my body doesnt function well without sleep. It is uncomfortable as you have the noise/vibration of the chair and the limited space, yet it is probably the fastest and cheapest way in means of transport. I have found that special travel pillows that expand (inflatable ones that dont take up much space) work fine as pillows and neck-rests, they arent extremely expensive and quite easy to find. Make sure you select a nice material one tho (mine has a velvet feel to it) as have used a leathery type one in the past and it was itching the skin on my neck. Besides that all I can suggest is stretch your legs across both seats if you're lucky enough to have an empty one next to you..