winner tripadvisor

× Egypt Fun Travel Forum

What to see in the western desert in Egypt??

• Anonymous
  • Anonymous's Avatar Topic Author
16 Jan 2015 12:18 #559 by Anonymous
Anonymous created the topic: What to see in the western desert in Egypt??
I am visiting Egypt in April and I want to make a tour in the desert (Sahara), what attractions should I see??... And how many days will be enough??... I have heard about black and white desert...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Alenka
  • Alenka's Avatar Topic Author
16 Jan 2015 13:18 - 16 Jan 2015 13:26 #560 by Alenka
Alenka replied the topic: What to see in the western desert in Egypt??
Well, there are many attractions to visit in the desert, i think you mean the Oases. There are five oases you can go to in the western desert, among them is Bahariyya oasis where you see the ancient tombs from dynasty 26 and the temple of Alexander the great as well as the golden mummies museum. Farafra is another important oasis with the black and white desert which should be visited by jeep safari as it is off-road. The other oases are Dakhla, Kharga, and Siwa with many amazing sites like Cleopatra's pool, Alexander oracle temple, Bagawat, Shali, Doush temple, Hibis temple, Qasr ancient Islamic village, and many other attractions..
For a full desert tour you need at least 2 weeks if you want to see all oases.
Cheers :)
Last Edit: 16 Jan 2015 13:26 by funadmin1.

• Mark-os
  • Mark-os's Avatar Topic Author
16 Jan 2015 13:21 - 16 Jan 2015 13:22 #561 by Mark-os
Mark-os replied the topic: What to see in the western desert in Egypt??
You can make a short tour of 3 days 2 nights to see Bahariyya and Farafra with all the stunning desert features and colors. This will also include a camp to sleep under the stars.
Last Edit: 16 Jan 2015 13:22 by funadmin1.

• Anonymous
26 Feb 2015 16:15 #565 by Anonymous
Anonymous replied the topic: What to see in the western desert in Egypt??
Egypt’s Western Desert is a vast sweep of elemental beauty. Egypts Western Desert is hard to describe in one go. It is huge. It is one of the most arid regions on earth, in fact, one of our last frontiers. In Egypt’s Western Desert a single aquifer flows north from Sudan, running in an arc of five oases roughly parallel to the Nile. Siwah, the most fascinating oasis, near the Libyan border, is reached by a road from Marsa Matruh or by the road from al-Bahariyyah. Alexander the Great came here to consult the oracle at the Temple of Jupiter-Amun and many more places. You can visit this place and collect interesting information with the help of well known tour agents exploregypt.net .

• Anonymous
07 Apr 2015 13:35 #567 by Anonymous
Anonymous replied the topic: What to see in the western desert in Egypt??
The Sahara desert is the worlds largest hot desert. Its maximum length is 4,800 km, running from west to east, and up to 1,200 km from north to south. To experience the real Sahara, you'll need to visit mountainous sand dunes. The Sahara has a few sleepy oasis towns that stand out in the barren desert, though their earth-colored buildings reflect the landscape of sand just outside their walls. You'll find more civilization around the Sahara's rare but vital bodies of water. The main lifeline for the desert is the Nile River, in Egypt; you can take a cruise that lets you disembark at the ancient Egyptian temples of Luxor and Karnak, with trips into the desert to visit the Giza pyramids and the Sphinx. I visited this wonderful country with the help of a well known travel agency known as Explor Egypt. They help me a lot.