Pick up from Cairo/Giza hotel. Tour Sakkara pyramids, Step pyramid complex, Imhotep museum, Giza pyramids, & Sphinx. Transfer back to Cairo/Giza hotel.
Egypt, the land of the Pharaohs. In this day we drive to explore Sakkara, the vast necropolis of hundreds of tombs and 14 pyramids, including the famous Step Pyramid built by Zoser I in 2700 BC. After lunch (Optional), travel to the Giza Plateau, site of the Pyramids of Mycerinus, Chefren and the Great Pyramid of Cheops, the only survivor of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World. This is also the site of the Great Sphinx, guardian of the royal tombs dating back to the third millennium BC.
Breakfast at your hotel.
Start the trip to Sakkara.
*The Step Pyramid and its surrounding complex
*The Pyramid of King Titi; the only one open to visitors at Saqqara. Get ready to be amazed by the TEXT OF THE PYRAMIDS
*The tomb of Kagimni; was appointed to the rank of Chief Justice and Vizier, was able to organize in the necropolis of Saqqara the construction of a sumptuous tomb for himself.
Take a break from the monuments of the past for a visit to hand made carpet school. Monuments of ancient Egypt clearly display that the products of the hand loom date a considerable time time prior to 2400 B.C., and on the tombs of Beni-Hassan, dating from the Egyptian middle kingdom 21st century B.C., are depicted women weaving rugs on looms very much like those of the Orient at the present time.
Stop for Lunch
*proceed to visit Giza Pyramids which is on every world-traveler's must-do list, and is an iconic image of your Egypt tour
* Cap the day with a camel ride at the Pyramids. (Optional)
DON'T FORGET TO TAKE LOTS OF PHOTOS!
Where and When:
- Meet up location:I can meet you at your hotel
- End location: Drop off at your hotel
- Duration:7 hours
- Time of tour is flexible, up to 7 hours depending upon your flight time. The best thing about a private tour is flexibility and allowing for spontaneity.
- the traffic may affect the duration of the tour although we usually know alternative ways to avoid the crowd:-)
- Tour Type: City, Cultural
- Transportation Method: All transportation in private air-conditioned vehicle
- Kid Friendly: Yes. This tour is suitable for children as long as they are supervised by a parent
- Language(s): English
- Maximum travelers: 6
Estimated Local Cash Needed:
- 350 Egyptian Pounds - *Admission of the sites
- *This is an estimated amount that covers the cost of lunch and one coffee, tea or soft drink in a local restaurant. If you choose to go more Up-Scale in your dining choice, price may increase considerably.
- *Camel ride