One of Egypt traveler’s questions is; What are the places the one can see in one single day in Cairo??. Here, we give an answer considering how busy is that huge city, the traffic, and how the sites of attraction are extended and not so close to each other.
In one day touring Cairo you can see:
- The pyramids of Giza (Nine pyramids from the 4th dynasty, remains of the funeral temple of king Cheops, the Sphinx, and the valley temple of king Chephren).
- Saqqara (the step Mastaba pyramid of king Djoser, the museum of Imhotep, the tombs of the nobles of the old kingdom).
- Memphis the very first capital city of ancient Egypt.
- Cairo museum: exploring more than 120000 pieces from ancient Egypt, and the treasures of King Tutankhamun.
- Khan El-Khalili bazaar, and Islamic Cairo
Typically, Cairo must-see attractions are toured in two days. The Pyramids sites together in one day, and the other attractions on the east bank of the Nile river in one day as below:
Day 1: Giza pyramids, Sphinx, Saqqara, Step Pyramid, & Memphis
Day 2: The Egyptian Museum of Antiquities, Islamic & Coptic Cairo, & Khan El-Khalili Tourist Bazaar.