The Best Quick Trips in Egypt
Cruise ships dock at several different ports around Egypt and we have developed a selection of exciting Egypt Shore Excursions for passengers disembarking at any of these locations. Explore all of the options here from ports in Alexandria, Port Said, Safaga, & Ain Sokhna. Read MoreHaving a short time for tours and sightseeing is always hard, but with our Egypt Quick Trips, you will be able to explore Egypt cities such as Cairo, Alexandria, and Luxor, and you will be able to take in all the top attractions Egypt have to offer like Giza Pyramids, Great Sphinx, the Egyptian Antiquities Museum, the magnificent Abu Simbel Temple, Karnak holy temple complex, and the unique Valley of the Kings. There is also time to take you to Egypt Souqs and markets to enjoy the vital atmosphere and interact with the locals. Read Less
- The currency of Egypt is the Egyptian pound, The value of the Pound is effectively fixed at the rate of 0.056 LE to 1 USD, Credit cards are widely used in Egypt.
- In restaurants, be sure to tip the servers 10% by handing it to them directly.
- The metro is one of the best ways to go from one place to another within Cairo.
- Arabic is the official language, English is widely used as a second language.
- Try “Fuol” & Ta’mia, Egyptian beans, and “Kushary”, a traditional Egyptian pasta dish.
- Try Kebab and Kofta, the Egyptian traditional meat dish.
- Local SIM card is important so you can make cheap phone calls.
- It is very safe for a solo female to travel to Egypt.
- Official Holidays are Friday and SaturdayKeep a local person to your side to fully enjoy your stay
- Visit the Pyramids of Giza, the Sphinx, and valley temple which belongs to king Chephren.
- See Luxor temple, Hatshepsut temple, Valley of the Kings and Karnak temple in Luxor.
- Admire the wonders of ancient history at the Egyptian Museum.
- Discover the magic of Egyptian oases like Siwa or Bahariya
- Dive or snorkel in Sinai or cities situated on the Red Sea.
- Going on a Nile Cruise from Luxor to Aswan or vise versa.
- Shop at Khan El Khalili touristic market in Cairo.
- Visit Philae and Abu Simbel temples in Aswan.
- Visit Saint Catherine Monastery in Sinai.
- Exploring Islamic Cairo on foot.