Explore Egypt’s historical capital city, which offers a plethora of things to do and see. Fun Tours offers a wide range of exciting Cairo short breaks that will take you to see the Cheops, Chefren, and Mykerinus pyramids at Giza, the Egyptian Antiquities Museum, old Cairo & Saladin Cairo Citadel, or Islamic mediaeval Cairo to see the ancient large mosques, and enjoy everything that Cairo has to offer. If you only have 2 to 5 days to spend in Cairo, it would be a wonderful decision to see the renowned sights as well as the lesser-known ones, which are nonetheless breathtakingly gorgeous. Not to mention the numerous day trips and overnight camping adventures from Cairo to nearby Oases such as El-Fayum, El-Baharia, and Wadi El-Hitan, as well as Desert Safari, trips to Wadi El-Hitan, camping adventures in the White Desert, and refreshing day trips to Alexandria, or tagging a few days by the shores of the mesmerizing Red Sea. Also, most of our multi-day tour packages to all of Egypt’s attractions and magnificent towns of Luxor, Aswan, Alexandria, and Abu Simbel depart from Cairo, allowing you to enjoy a Nile cruise while learning about ancient Egypt’s splendor. Don’t miss out on this opportunity to book one of our Cairo Short Breaks.
Showing all 3 results
- The currency of Egypt is the Egyptian pound, The value of the Pound is effectively fixed at the rate of 0.056 LE to 1 USD, Credit cards are widely used in Egypt.
- In restaurants, be sure to tip the servers 10% by handing it to them directly.
- The metro is one of the best ways to go from one place to another within Cairo.
- Arabic is the official language, English is widely used as a second language.
- Try “Fuol” & Ta’mia, Egyptian beans, and “Kushary”, a traditional Egyptian pasta dish.
- Try Kebab and Kofta, the Egyptian traditional meat dish.
- A local SIM card is important so you can make cheap phone calls.
- It is very safe for a solo female to travel to Egypt.
- Official Holidays are Friday and Saturday
- Keep a local person to your side to fully enjoy your stay
- Visit the Pyramids of Giza, the Sphinx, and the valley temple which belongs to king Chephren.
- See Luxor temple, Hatshepsut temple, Valley of the Kings, and Karnak temple in Luxor.
- Admire the wonders of ancient history at the Egyptian Museum.
- Discover the magic of Egyptian oases like Siwa or Bahariya
- Dive or snorkel in Sinai or cities situated on the Red Sea.
- Going on a Nile Cruise from Luxor to Aswan or vise versa.
- Shop at Khan El Khalili touristic market in Cairo.
- Visit Philae and Abu Simbel temples in Aswan.
- Visit Saint Catherine Monastery in Sinai.
- Exploring Islamic Cairo on foot.
- 7 Days Egypt Tour Package is ideal to take in Cairo, Luxor, and Aswan sites with Nile Cruise experience.
- 10 Days Egypt Tour package is a perfect time frame to explore Egypt classic cities and attractions