Marsa Alam is a beautiful coastal city of Egypt, known for its stunning beaches, rich history, and excellent diving spots. Its unspoiled natural beauty, crystal-clear waters, and tropical climate make it an excellent destination for tourists looking to experience the best of Egypt. If you’re planning a trip to Marsa Alam, here are some of the top things to do in the area.
1. Scuba Diving: Marsa Alam is famous for its diving spots. The pristine coral reefs and warm waters provide an ideal environment for divers to explore the underwater world. a wide range of species including turtles, dolphins, and sharks are found in this natural habitat.
2. Beaches: Marsa Alam is home to some of the most beautiful beaches in Egypt. Abu Dabab, Abu Ghusun, and Marsa Mubarak Beaches are some of the top-rated beaches in the area that offer white sand, turquoise waters, and plenty of activities like sunbathing, swimming, snorkeling, and kite surfing for tourists.
3. Historical Sites: Marsa Alam boasts a rich history and ancient ruins. Tourists can visit the Temples of Ramses II and Queen Nefertari, which date back to the 13th century BC, explore the ancient port city of Berenice or enjoy a camel ride to explore the desert’s ancient rock formations.
4. Nature Reserves: Marsa Alam offers more than just diving and sunbathing. With three nature reserves: Wadi El-Gemal National Park, Elba National Park, and Gebel Elba Biosphere Reserve tourists can explore the unique flora and fauna of the region which includes rare species such as desert foxes, camels and gazelles, and many rare bird species.
5. Quad Biking: The desert surrounding Marsa Alam is perfect for quad biking enthusiasts, where they can enjoy the breathtaking beauty and solitude of the region on four wheels.
6. Kite Surfing: Marsa Alam’s constant wind and flat sea conditions make it one of the best places in the world to practice kiteboarding or kite surfing. Beginners can take lessons from the many kite surfing schools in the area, while more experienced kiteboarders can take advantage of the perfect wind conditions.
In conclusion, Marsa Alam is a diverse and unique tourist destination with attractions, activities, and experiences to suit every interest and budget. Whether you are an adventure-seeker or a history buff, a nature lover, or a beach-goer, Marsa Alam offers something for everyone