One of the most common inquiries from visitors to Egypt is, “What can I see in one day in Cairo?” Here, we provide an answer based on how crowded that large city is, the traffic, and how the tourist attractions are spread out and not too close to one other.
In one day touring Cairo you can see:
- The Giza Pyramids (Nine pyramids from the 4th dynasty, remains of the funeral temple of king Cheops, the Sphinx, and the valley temple of king Chephren).
- The necropolis of Saqqara (the step Mastaba pyramid of king Djoser, the museum of Imhotep, the tombs of the nobles of the old kingdom).
- Memphis the very first capital city of ancient Egypt.
- Cairo Museum: Discover more than 120000 items from ancient Egypt, as well as King Tutankhamun’s treasures.
- Khan El-Khalili bazaar, and Islamic Cairo
Typically, Cairo’s must-see attractions are toured in two days. The Pyramids sites together in one day, and the other attractions on the east bank of the Nile river in one day as below:
Day 1: Giza pyramids, Sphinx, Saqqara, Step Pyramid, & Memphis